In this episode, I spoke with Haruko who has a very energetic personality and that seems to have drawn a crowd on social media. Not everyone runs obstacle courses for the same reason and it’s good to hear different perspectives on why they run. Haruko wasn’t an athlete, she wasn’t a runner, but she decided to just start. I hope you enjoy!
- Haruko’s first run was the Dirty Girl race that she ran to help support breast cancer awareness, although it was the Spartan Races that really started her enjoyment for obstacle racing.
- 2014 – 2015, she challenged herself to run 52 races in 12 months. From OCR to 50k at BurningMan.
- Haruko’s mato is Complete, Not Compete. It is your race. It’s not about time, unless you want it to be.
- By the time you read this, Haruko will have raced the World’s Toughtest Mudder, but she shared some tips on how she is going to run this obstacle course.
- Haruko has two kids and is hoping that they will love the OCR lifestyle.
- She trains on average 3 days a week, but is getting into outdoor activities to help build up the core.
- Something that Haruko is very passionate about is the Special Spartan and she explains why during our conversation.
- Her words come across very clear when it comes to OCR… “JUST DO IT! – don’t sit on the sidelines trying to prepare for a race.“
A Few Photos:
Movie To Watch:
Rise Of The Sufferfest. http://riseofthesufferfests.com/
- Haruko Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=537105516
- Haruko Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/themudcrusher/
- Haruko Twitter: https://twitter.com/themudcrusher
- Haruko Website: http://themudcrusher.tumblr.com/
- Rise Of The Sufferfest: http://riseofthesufferfests.com/
- Special Spartan: https://goo.gl/hcHs1X
Follow Us On Facebook:
Follow Us On Instagram:
Follow Us On Twitter:
If you have any questions, feel free to comment below.