In this episode I brought on a friend of mine, Brian Thomas, who participated with me in the Spartan Endurance Hurricane Heat 12 Hour in Atlanta. To quote the words from Cookie: “It wasn’t so bad, was it?” Yes, Cookie… Yes it was, HA! That being said, we shared our experience the best we could. Enjoy!
- PT from hell.
- Leading the group.
- ACDC Thunderstruck burpees.
- Bring Sally Up sandbag squats.
- Time hack challenges.
- Finding your dark places — what will break you and how will you handle it.
- Mustard seed – never leave home without it!
- Leaders reviled — complete the mission, but don’t leave a man behind.
- If you can’t fix it, duck it or build something with it.
- Just a small taste of what our military brothers go through.
- After 12 hours can your brain still do math?
- No patch, no metal, no shirt that can express what you earned internally with self worth.
Read my full written recap of my personal experience here: http://mymuddyshoe.com/hh12hr-029
- Brian for enduring this event with me.
- Will Carroll for sharing the mustard packets with me. *you honestly made the difference for me from either completing or DNF’ing.
- Jason Bramblett for making the 30lbs ruck plate.
- Andy Smith for allowing Brian and I to use his ruck bags
- Shannon Ritter and Matthew O’Quinn for both taking video and photos during the event.
- Cookie for putting together a crazy hard event.
⬇️ VIDEOS AND PHOTOS BELOW ⬇️
PT ACDC Thunderstruck:
PT Bring Sally Up:
Photos from the Spartan HH12HR-029 in Atlanta.
Follow Us On Facebook:
Follow Us On Instagram:
Follow Us On Twitter:
Follow Us On Google+
If you have any questions, feel free to comment below.